Friday, May 23, 2014

My Kiddo's!

You know, I've always loved my kids- from the moment I held their little bodies that had just come from my body.  Well, I loved them even before that!

I've been a mother since I was 19.  Feels like, all my life.  The years have flown by so very fast I can hardly keep up with all the changes in them.  They grew just as fast physically as they did emotionally and intellectually.  I've loved them in every stage of life.

But I have to say, these last few years have been the best with them.

Maybe it's because they aren't changing as fast as they used to.  They are all adults, independent and making their own choices.  Kind of paying their own way- to a point.

Maybe it's me....finally comfortable with my own self.

Maybe it's because we don't have the conflict as much as we did during the growing up years.

Maybe now, I can be more of a friend and confidante than I could then.  I can just be me now instead of Mom that had to have it all together (I thought, and it was all a facade, anyway).  Being a mom is hard work.  So many chores and keeping up with school, church, activities.  And working outside the home.  It was an endless cycle of constant activity.  Although, I must say, there came a point when the kids were early teenagers when we said NO to all the activities (sports).  We felt it was more important, and still do, that being with church youth group was more important and having down time.  Some kids today their time is so structured!

I've come to cherish and enjoy the moments I have with them.  I don't take for granted the moments like I used to.

I love being with them.  I love that we are a close family who enjoys each other's company.  I thank God for that.  It's only because of Him that we are a close family.  Oh Jesus...the Healer so much more than we ever know!

I love you, my Lord.  Oh, how I love You!

No comments: