Friday, May 2, 2014

Grace Girls

Patricia and I put together a PACKED 4 week study we entitled, "Grace Girls".


Week One:  *Our concept of God (where we get it) and Who God really is,
                    *Our worth to God

Week Two:  *How God created man,
                    *How we are created anew after we believe in Jesus (I'm was a sinner saved by grace, now I am a saint who sometimes sins) That OLD SINFUL INNER MAN has been crucified with Christ, and a NEW RIGHTEOUS AND HOLY INNER MAN has raised with Him!  And He lives in my new man!  I am a completely NEW creation- one that has never existed before!
                     *Two aspects of the Cross-
                           -Saved from my sins (deals with behavior)  He is our Substitution
                           -Saved from my self (deals with my identity) I am united with Him

Week Three: *God-given needs (Love Acceptance Worth Security/Significance Truth) everyone is born with but only God can fill.
                     *Flesh- trying to get those needs met apart from God.  -flesh patterns, coping mechanisms, learned habits and behaviors
                     *What are our specific flesh patterns and how did we get them?
                     *Which tree are we living from?  Two Trees

Week Four:   *The Root Issue is an Identity Issue, Who am I?
                      *Love notes and Envelopes
                      *Truth vs Feelings
                      *Selfers Prayer

Last night was our last night.  It was wonderful.  It is such a blessing to be able to share Who God is and who we are because of Him.  These truth totally changed my life 5+ years ago...and He continues to speak Himself into me, moment by moment:

http://vinejohn15branch.blogspot.com/2008/11/one-monthmoment-by-moment.html

No comments: