Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Ferritin

Well, I have a funny feeling (namely fatigue and heart-racing) that my ferritin levels are low again.  Last time I was diagnosed with this was November of 2012.  I had the oddest symptoms:

fatigue- dragging myself around about 3pm
racing heart/shortness of breath
burning eyes
my stomach upset a lot
and I just couldn't seem to focus and concentrate, zombie-like

Those were the main symptoms.  When I went to the doctor he did blood work and sure enough- low ferritin levels.

I am having most of those same symptoms again.  I haven't kept up with my vitamins lately : (  Yes, I know.  My fault.

So, I started back on the 'comfort iron' tonight.  Let's get this party started!

Here is a a great page on Ferritin:

http://glutenintoleranceschool.com/low-ferritin-symptoms/


No comments: