Saturday, May 10, 2014

Bible Junkie..or maybe a Note Junkie?

Ok, I admit it.  I am a Bible Junkie.  I love Bibles.  I have so many Bibles that I keep at my study nook that I use- to study regularly.

I also make LOTS of notes in them.  Which is not really good considering I do not always have that Bible with me when I want to use the notes I've wrote in them.

In 2008 I "put my Bible up" because it became an idol to me.  It was a Life Application Study Bible that I had bought before I was saved, 8 years before.  I took it everywhere.  It became God to me.  Anyway...

A few months later, I bought NASB study Bible, after MUCH research.  I liked it.  I made a lot of notes in it.  When Allison got married I had her name put on the cover and gave it to her for her wedding gift from me.  Notes and all.  I did make copies of all the notes though : )

Since then I've had several Bibles but none I really really liked.  I prefer the NASB.  I researched a good study Bible and the ONLY one I found that wasn't dual-natured in the notes was the Nelson Study Bible.  It's a NKJV.  I like it but....

I have the Charles Stanley NASB.  I like it but there aren't many notes in it.

So...I don't really like the ESV or the notes in the ESV Bible I got.

I like it when a Bible capitalizes He for Jesus/God.  I like it when there is a distinction when it speak of God and man.

So, for my birthday this year my kids bought me a side-by-side companion Bible.  It has NIV, KJV, NASB and Amplified.  I love it!  But there isn't much for notes.

So, what to do???

Finally, it dawned on me this week!  I have a 5x7 binder- and I copied all the notes from my Bibles and put them in my binder.  Some of my favorite poems and sermons.  I wanted something small to carry with my Bible.  I don't just 'carry' a Bible.  I put it in a bag (along with pens, paper, candy/gum, Kleenex, water)- I always have my bag with me!

I bought an adjustable hole punch and now I am ready!  I can have my Bible and all my notes with me!  : )

Well, amen!



No comments: