Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Calm Morning and a Touch of Jesus

There is nothing like peace and calmness. 

Nothing. 

I'm sitting on the pool deck- the birds chirping and a light wind. 

I love this time of year.  The vibrant blue skies. The green green grass. The multi hues of the grass and trees. 

And the smells!  Honeysuckle and holly blooms. 

What I feel by these sounds, and smells, and the touching of the wind- takes me back in time. 

Always always to my mom. These things make me think of her. 

Back to the farm. To a clean house. To the garden and the smell of fresh, overturned earth. To clothes hanging on the line- clean, air-dried sheets. 

I think there, on the farm and in that time of her life, she felt peace in her soul, probably the only time in her life that she did. 

My mom. Although I do not look like her, I find my self very much like her. We liked the same things (all listed above) and we dealt with the same issues. 

The only difference was she found healing for all if her "issues" in the literal arms of Jesus, on April 28, 1979. She was 39. 

I found healing in Jesus, for my issues, at 38. But I have yet seen him face-to-face. 

Yet, yet. I have. I have beheld Him. I can't imagine Him being any closer or more intimate than He already is. 

As glorious as He is to me now,  I can't imagine it, but He will be more so to me- when I look into His eye on that day. 

Oh Jesus. You give us but a touch, overwhelming and encompassing touch, of You now- life, joy, healing and PEACE-  but to know there is MORE!  

Oh wow!  Can I handle much more then?  

Precious Jesus. Thank You!

No comments: