Sunday, November 19, 2017

Yes. Yes. Yes I can.

I am reading Ann Voskamp's book, The Broken Way.

Here is a quote from the book that I love because I found that, yes, yes, I can.

"Maybe you can live a full and beautiful life in spite of the great and terrible moments that will happen right inside of you.  Actually- maybe you get to become more abundant because of those moments. Maybe the deepest wounds births deeper wisdom."

Father, of ALL Grace and Mercy- thank You, for what you have allowed in my life.  Thank You for the brokeness.  Thank You for the starving emptiness.  Thank You for the wounds.  Thank You for the wretched chasing after the wind, the fury, the faux.  Thank You for the gashing of my soul against the rocks of unbelief and untruth. 

Because if I had not endured "fiery ordeals" I would not have been refined BY the fire.  You, are a Consuming Fire, consuming the brokeness.  Your fire, forged, to heal even the scars of my brokeness.  (Isaiah 48:10)

You, in your Mercy, chose to reveal to me how deprived my soul was.  How emancipated.  Without You, there is no Abundance or Nourishment.  You, the Bread and the Wine, "eat and be filled, you will never go hungry or thirsty again."  (John 6:35, John 4:13)

You, Healer, with Your own hands- spread the healing balm of Your blood on my wounds.  (Isaiah 53:3)

You, filler of Need and Purpose, who calmed the rage and intense longing in me- by conforming me to You.  Thank You, for bringing me into harmony with Yourself, who lives in me.  

Thank You, Great Grace, for no condemnation when I allowed the seasons of unbelief and believing the lies.  When my mind, my will and my emotions wanted to choose my own way- and did often, to You, THE Way.  Yet, You never condemned me.  You loved me.  You revealed Yourself to me in more Truth so my heart would see and respond.  

Jesus, I choose You.  I choose You, are More Than Enough.  In this moment.  This holy moment of all Grace.  Enough.  



No comments: