Friday, November 17, 2017

Today in Christ

2017 was a year of four Growing in Grace studies.  Oh how I have found beauty and such sweet time with the Lord.  I love sharing Him.  I love sharing His truths.  I love the time just Him and me- and Him anointing me afresh with Himself.  Then Him speaking and sharing Himself through me.  I love watching others when their are receiving and recognizing His revelation in them!

I have learned that God calls me to seasons.  You see, my life isn't defined by Bible Studies and how many I do.  I truly do want others to receive the revelation from Him.  But most of all He has called me to Himself.  He has called me to- focus and fix myself on Him- moment by moment.  Sometimes I can get so fixed and focused on doing and preparing more studies or teaching that I am not- 

-a friend of ours has a lake house and a pontoon boat.  Sometimes he lets us go down and use both of them.  On his lakefront property he has a dock.  You can run and jump off that dock into the lake water.  I love to run and jump in.  I love to float around in the water.  I love when my husband and kids do the same and we are all floating around, playing, laughing in the water.  

Sometimes I get so fixed and focused on doing and preparing more studies and teaching that I am not jumping into the depths of being IN Christ and simply allowing Christ as my Life.  Jumping off the dock- deep into the water, playing-laughing-floating.  

There are plenty of pastors and teachers out there- pastoring and teaching- yet not experiencing the depths of Jesus Christ.  So many of them don't even KNOW what the depths and truths of Jesus really are.  And you can't teach what you don't know so there are many many many believers out there not knowing the depths and truths of Jesus.  Some pastors and teachers need to dive off the dock and begin to experience real and true life- Jesus.  

So, I am taking a facebook break (it can be as time consuming as I allow it to be!)- and a teaching break.  Now, don't get me wrong.  It's not a complete break.  I am looking forward to helping some in our Sunday School class.  I am also looking forward to moving more into discipleship counseling. If the opportunity arises to teach occasionally I will do that.  I am going to be blogging more.  Writing is my outlet.  It's not good.  It's not proper grammer etc- but it's me.  It's my heart.  It's what God is saying to me.  It's like a fire in my bones and I cannot contain it.    

For awhile now I feel a nudging from the Lord to- I don't know- put a fresh study together.  It's a niggling in my mind but I also know something like that can be very very time consuming. Something He has to prepare me inside and out for.  Maybe this is that time of preparing.  

I don't want to think about what I will be doing next year.  Or in 5 years.  Or in 10 years.  Or 20.  I want to experience my Lord and God today.  Right now, in this holy moment.     

No comments: