Tuesday, November 14, 2017

November 3rd A Shepherd looks at Psalm 23

Starla Ellison is with Ben Wofford.

HOLY, CALM, HEALTHY LIVING WITH GOD
(from A Shepherd Looks at Psalm 23 by Phillip Keller)
Yea, though I walk through the valley...(Psalm 23:4)
I know of nothing which so stimulates my faith in my heavenly Father as to look back and reflect on His faithulness to me in EVERY crisis and EVERY chilling circumstance of life. Over and over He has proved His care and concern for my welfare. Again and again I have been conscious of the Good Shepherd's guidance through the dark days and deep valleys.
All of this mulitplies my confidence in Christ. It is this spiritual as well as emotional and mental, exposure to the storms and adversities of life that puts stamina into my very being. Because He has led me through without fear, He can do it again, and again, and again. In this knowledge fear fades and tranquility of heart and mind takes it's place.
Let come what may. Storms may break about me, predators may attack, the river of reverses may threaten to inundate me. But because He is IN the situation WITH me, I shall not fear.
To live thus is to have taken some very long treks toward the high country of holy, calm, healthy living with God.
-again, thank you for this book, Ben : )

No comments: