Sunday, November 12, 2017

18 Years

In 1999 my friend and the kids babysitter, Pamela Lynch, invited us to church.
I didn't want my kids to go to church without me. For some reason I just didn't think it was right for my kids to go to church without me.
By this time Nick and I had been married 11 years. When we first got married, 1988, I actually went to the altar and even got baptized. But to be honest, I was not saved at that time. By saved, I mean, truly believed in Christ Jesus and received Him. My life had no inner or outer change.
So, in 1999, the kids and I began to attend Care Baptist some. I researched Bibles on the internet. I began to get curious about God. I mean, really curious, I wanted to know if He was real. If Jesus really was a Savior. I really wanted to die and go to heaven some day. I did then believe in hell and even so more now. I wanted to know if what my grandparents lived for and believed was true. I desperately wanted to know if I could change and really be free from the guilt of sin. Surely there was more to life than this...emptiness?
I finally bought a Bible on ebay. A Life Application Study Bible. That was 18 years ago. Crazy.
18 years ago God set my feet on a path that has been truly wonderful. In November 1999 I bought my first Bible and started cleaning houses!
About four months later on March 8,2000- I trusted and believed in Jesus, all our children made professions of faith that summer in VBS and we ended the year with Nick joining us in believing and trusting in Jesus. We started a new century- new.
Today, I've been through several Bibles. Right now, my Bible of choice is the Key Word Hebrew-Greek Study Bible (NASB).
Friend, if you are like I was...lost, empty, and even curious I encourage you to ask Jesus to help you to seek if He is real and true. I know Him and I know He would actually give everything He has just so you would seek to come to know Him.
My life has completely changed. I am so so thankful to Jesus- for so many things. But most of all that He has changed my family, set us on a new path, we have a different legacy than we would have.
Thank You- Savior, Lord and Life.

No automatic alt text available.

No automatic alt text available.

Image may contain: text

No automatic alt text available.

No comments: