Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

I am sitting here, in a lovely house on Anastasia Island, in St. Augustine, Florida listening to the rain pour against the side of the house.  I am looking out to see the palm trees sway in the wind.  This COULD be a bummer of a Thanksgiving- pouring down the rain at the beach.  We don't even have ONE drop of Thanksgiving food.  LOL.  We plan on going to the Cracker Barrel today to eat. 

No, it's not traditional Thanksgiving.  Last year two of my sisters came down with their children to our house.  We had a houseful.  It was GREAT!  I actually miss that this year.

We don't go home to Kentucky for Thanksgiving.  We used to go home more.  Then Karen started coming down to our house every other Thanksgiving so we decided to stay home in SC.  We always go home to Kentucky on Christmas Day so- that's a tradition we always keep.  Thanksgiving is "our" holiday.  

Now that Allison is married, and we share them with Ben's family, sometimes we have to change things up.  One year we had Thanksgiving on Friday because it was just too much for them to be eating in one day...too rushed.  I don't mind.  I know things change.

But this year, well it's been a year of a lot of changes so we decided to get away for Thanksgiving.  

I am not going to let the rain ruin the day.  It will lessen up by tomorrow.  

Today, all four of our kids and our one grandchild is in this very house with us.  As a matter of fact, all are still asleep and I am sitting in the quiet, listening to the rain, cup of coffee, and all is well.

What I am most thankful to You, O God, for- is in this house.  

I don't know what next Thanksgiving will look like.  Will there be more people with us?  I don't know.

I know that I am thankful for today- all of us here.  Together.  

That's a great Thanksgiving to me.  

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, ocean, sky, beach, outdoor, nature and waterImage may contain: sky, cloud, outdoor and nature


No comments: