Thursday, December 1, 2016

December 1st

Luke 23:38 And a superscription (inscription) also was written over him in letters of Greek, and Latin, and Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

On my heart imprint Thine image,
Blessèd Jesus, King of Grace,
That life’s riches, cares and pleasures Have no power Thee to efface.
This the superscription be:
Jesus, crucified for me,
Is my Life, my hope’s Foundation,
And my Glory and Salvation.

Author: Thomas Hansen Kingo, 1689

I am blessed today. I was blessed yesterday. I will be blessed tomorrow. How do I know this for sure? Because Jesus told me that “ I WILL NEVER DESERT YOU, NOR WILL I EVER FORSAKE YOU." And I believe Him. So if circumstances and situations come in my life....still I am blessed. I am blessed because His Glorious Presence is with me at all times. He abides in me, I abide in Him. I am seated with Him in the heavenly places, at the right hand of God. I am hidden in Him and He is in God. So, seriously...what or whom do I have to fear when the One by whom all things were created for and through...the One that is BEFORE all things and the One that holds all things together...is with ME...continually? NOTHING. Nothing or no one to fear. God is still good if the kids don't behave, there's no money in the bank, the job falls through, the house doesn't sell, the water won't come on, a deer hits my car, a child is sick, my health fails, nobody understands, nobody cares, my marriage is struggling, or I feel like I can't go on...when one thing after another fails around me....GOD IS STILL GOOD. Because HE is with me, always. It's not just about His gifts...it's about HIM. He doesn't want us to have deep, intimate fellowship with His gifts and His givings. He wants us to have deep, intimate fellowship with Him.


One of the greatest pleasures in my life is running. There is nothing more therapeutic for this soul than a good run, headphones on and just pouring out my heart out to my Jesus.
Now, here's the kicker. There's hardly a run that doesn't hurt. Running isn't easy. It isn't painfree. But as my body loosens up, my mind loosens up. I shake off what has held me captive.
Running is an altar to me. Some people go to an altar and pray- I pray while I run. I thank Him for the beauty of His earth. I thank Him for the fresh air in my lungs. I thank Him for the gloriously clean smell of the morning.
Running is much much more than exercise to keep my physical body in shape. It's about emotional health, thanksgiving, intimacy with Christ. It's essential in my life.
I thank You, Lord, for being able to run and I thank You for the healing You give- every single run.


Jesus, You are my heart and life- my desire- every day. My prayer is I celebrate all of You...every day. Your birth, life, death, burial, resurrection and ascension...every day.
I pray I celebrate the giving of Your blood, for my forgiveness of sins...every day.
I pray I celebrate Your death on the cross for it brought about the death of my old sinful inner man....every day.
I pray I celebrate You being raised from death....so that I too have been raised from the dead....and I have NEW LIFE- born again- a new creation, the old is gone.
Without the cross, without the blood, without death, without resurrection, without ascension- You couldn't have made me new so that Your life could be placed in me.
You took me to the cross with You. You baptized me in Your death. You cleansed me with Your blood. You raised me to new life- Your life to live from within me.
You made me new. You made me righteous. You made me holy. You made me free. You healed me.
That's my celebration. Every day.

No comments: