Thursday, December 22, 2016

Milestones

A couple of years ago I went through an 8 month discipleship training class. The class was to equip me to disciple/counsel/mentor others- to be a safe place for others to be open and real. The focus of the counseling is on the reality of the New Covenant that occured when Jesus Christ was crucified on the cross and rose again. Most people are like I was- I didn't really know about the New Covenant or what Jesus did for me, to me, on the cross- much less live a resurrected life.
I struggled greatly with oppression, depression, fears, anxiety, anger- and I just never ever felt right or real.
But through God's magnificent grace He brought people into my life that began to speak and teach truth into me. I had NO idea Who God really is, what He truly did for me on the cross and through His resurrection. I had no idea He came to set the captive free, to give me a new life, make me a new creation- to LIVE in me.
After He began to reveal these things to me- He brought the ministries in my life that TEACH these truths so that I can teach these truths.
Tonight was a milestone. I've taken a few people through half of the discipleship process. But tonight- my friend (who shall remain nameless) and I finished the whole process. For 8 months we've been meeting on a weekly basis going through discipleship/counseling process. We've laughed, we've cried, we've shared, and we've even ran together- we've talked talked talked- and God has been the great Healer. He has been our Focus and our Center.
You know, I know this discipleship is so others can receive the freedom and healing through Christ that I have- but I got just as much out of it as my friend. To see God reveal Himself to her- and she GET IT. To see her whole demeanor and countenance change through this has been beautiful. To see Jesus become her All-in-All and her Life- has been so tender and wonderful. I am so thankful to be simply a vessel that shares Jesus. It's humbling and it's inspiring!
Thank You, Jesus providing Yourself as our healing. Thank You Father for providing for us the Way to healing. Thank You Spirit for guiding us into all Truth. I pray she and I both continue to receive- all that You desire to give us.
Thank you for the beautiful flowers and CHOCOLATE my sweet sister and friend. I pray you continue to experience and abide in intimacy and oneness with Jesus- all moments of your life.
An enormous thank you to Abundant Grace Ministries, GracePointe Ministries, Grace Life International, Journey in Christ, InYou Ministries and Abiding Life Ministries- all my counselors, teachers, instructors and friends- thanks for sharing the whole gospel.
Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ, I no longer live but Christ live in me and the life I live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me.

No comments: