Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016- A Great Year 2017-New Beginnings

Every New Year's Eve or New Years morning I write in my journal a review of the year. I also write down my hopes, dreams and goals for the New Year. I love reading what I wrote last year- and seeing if maybe some of the hopes, dreams and goals came true or were accomplished. I also like to write down the unexpected journey's God took us on.
God was faithful in 2016. Our first grandchild was born. And Roman is such a joy! When that little boy looks in my eyes- my heart just about overflows. A friend and neighbor who I meet to walk with at times told me one of the greatest joys would be to see my daughter be a mother...and she is so right! It has been beautiful. To see Ben and Al be the parents God created them to be has been one of life's greatest joys. To see our boy raised to know and love Jesus...and allow Jesus to love Roman through us has been a blessing.
Our boys are doing great....and I can't wait to see what God has in store for Cody and Johnie in 2017. I love watching our boys become men. Oh Jesus, grace upon grace!
I am so thankful for Nick and for xaralto. : ) We've had so much fun exploring the South Carolina State Parks and some National Parks. We've also worked on and around our house a lot this year. We've enjoyed having family down a lot this year!
It's been another year of joy and sorrow. We've had a niece pass away who was young and full of life her passing has left a deep void. We've had beloved neighbors and friends pass away. I don't know what people do without the hope we have in Jesus. Well, that's not true. I do know. I lived that way for many years of my life. In darkness and constant chaos- fears within and fears without- desperately lost.
I've seen God say yes...and I've seen Him say no. I've heard Him say, "No..no not yet...wait...just enjoy Me." And I've heard Him say, "Are you ready, My child?"
2017 is going to be year of "for in Him we live, move and exist"- He has spoke to me about a certain plan and set my boundaries- this is the appointed time.
"Yet Lord, not my will but Thine."
I encourage each of you to sit down and reflect on God's gracious blessings on your life in 2016. I encourage you to write your joy's and sorrow's. I encourage you to pray...seek this Joy God, the Peace God....and KNOW Him. Write it down....so next year...yes...oh yes...you can see how His journey unfolded in you..to you...for you....and through you.
What is He speaking into you about 2017?
... for reason of this I bow my knees to the Father, from whom every family in the heavens and on earth is named, that He might give you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power by His Spirit in the inner man, for Christ to dwell in your hearts through faith, being rooted and being founded in love, so that you may be fully able, with all the saints, to comprehend what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ surpassing knowledge, so that you may be filled unto all the fullness of God. Now to the One being able to do exceedingly above all things that we ask or think, according to the power working in us, to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all the generations of the age of the ages. Amen.- Epheisans 3:14-21

No comments: