Friday, December 30, 2016

Infinite Love Prayer


Loving Father, I am overjoyed that Your lavish love has declared me to be a child of God. What an honor to be Your daughter. It is my heart's cry that each of my children (Allison, Ben, Cody and Johnie) and grandchildren (Roman and future) will allow their roots to sink deeply into the rich soil of Your infinite love. May Your affection and care nourish and strengthen them in disappointment. May they shift their focus from their circumstances and onto Your unfailing and dependable love. I ask, Father, that they would recognize that human worth and value come from the dignity You have bestowed upon each person and not from performance or the evaluation of other people. May Your love be their strength and song. Amen.
- from A Grandmother's Prayers by Kay Swatkowski

No comments: