Wednesday, December 14, 2016

More Crazy Days

When I went to bed Sunday night I was hoping for a good nights sleep,knowing this was my heavy work week coming up.

But that was not to be.  I woke up at 3am with my mind whirling, whirling and whirling.  Of course it was about things I can't control.

I know a lot of people like Christmas.  I guess I do too.  I like the simplicity of Christmas.  But I feel more pressure at Christmas than I do anything.  And financial burden.  I hate it but that's just the way it is.  Not just the actual shopping which I hate but spending the hard earned money.  I know.  Part of me is Scrooge.  Then there's the other things.  Operation Christmas Child. Angel Tree.  Families in need.  I don't mind those things at all but it's just so much for one month.  I wish I was dedicated enough to do the shopping and saving throughout the year.  But I am not.

Also, Nick and I are working to pay off our mortgage.  We really really really want to be debt free.  We pretty much are except our mortgage.  We want to pay our house off in 10 years.  We work extra to pay on our mortgage.  


So, I woke up at 3am early Monday morning.  At 3:30 I just got up for the day.  I finished some online shopping.  Just to get the whirl out of my mind.  


Monday:  run 7 miles, clean a house 3.5 hours, cleaned two offices 5 hours.  Got home at 9:45pm and my sweet girl had sent some soup to us.  I ate a bowl of soup- after a wonderful shower (one of the offices is absolutely filthy, it's a landscaping sales offices and the DUST/DIRT!!!!) and went to bed and slept wonderfully.  It's also that "exhausting" time of month if you know what I mean- it just takes a lot out of my body these days, literally ; ) but enough of that.  . Also, during the day- I am trying to send a small package to a friend over seas.  Oh boy.  The shipping rates are awful. $66 to send.  So I am trying today (Wednesday) to just send the essentials of the package.  It's so frustrating.  It's not much at all, less than 4 lbs and it's that much to send. 


Tuesday:  Out of the house by 8:30 to Dollar General.  Then a house to clean 4 hours.  To the office to pick up my check.  To a hunting club, cleaned  there from 2:15 to 7:15pm (8 beds to wash and put back on!).  Home for half a sandwich then to clean another office.  I finally got home around 10pm.  Shower and bed.  


Today:  I am still tired.  My body is tired.  And achy.  My right arm is bothering me.  Oh well.  And I had a terrible toothache at times the last couple of days. I ate some comfrey root last night.  I hope it helps that tooth.  And then my "monthly" has been really bad.  It just drains drains drains all of me.  I have a house to clean today.  Trying to send package to send to friend over seas. Then my young friend comes for counseling tonight.  


Tomorrow- well, I'll write about tomorrow- another day.  Let's just say I am praying.  I know all is well but...still.  Tomorrow. Jesus, You hold all things together.  Trusting You- honestly isn't always easy.  But I do find comfort that not only do You know what the future is- but You even hold the future in You- and You can control the future. This world is not the finality of our lives- and it is not our home.  Our time here is but a breath.  Oh Jesus, let all my words and actions but of You.  


You are my Dear One.  



No comments: