Saturday, August 13, 2016

Peace

The definition of chaos:
complete disorder and confusion

The definition of peace:
1515 eirḗnē (from eirō, "to join, tie together into a whole") – properly, wholeness, i.e. when all essential parts are joined together; peace (God's gift of wholeness).
-Quietness, rest
-Freedom from disturbance, war or violence
-State of harmony between people or groups
-Absence of mental anxiety

For many years I was in great chaos inside.  My mind ran like a whirlwind, all the time.  My emotions were all over the place- high and low, dark and depressed, or numb and void.  I couldn't seem to get out of the utter confusion of my mind and emotions.  

When I became a believer- I tried to quell the loud clanging in me through reading the Scriptures and through praying.  For several years I also took an anti-depressant.  I just wanted to be calm, to be "even" on the inside.  

Then three things begin to happen:

1) I read a book by Beth Moore, Get Out of that Pit- and God spoke clearly to me that it was time to get out of my pit of depression, fear and anxiety.

2)  Within a month of reading the book- and seeking God and His healing- I was off all medication.  Not exactly by choice.  The insurance company refused to give me brand name anti-depressant, I couldn't afford to pay for it and I had side effects from the generic.  So- Jesus in His wisdom and timing- removed the ability for me to take the anti-depressant.  Unsurprisingly to God, I did not have withdrawals or any severe problems.  I was learning to trust Him with the confusion and disorder of my mind, thoughts and emotions.

3) Before the book, before the letting go of the anti-depressant- God placed people in my life (actually our family's life) whom He used to bring revelation and understanding about Who He is and who we are because of Him.  These preachers and teachers- had went or were going through their own brokenness, crisis or circumstance that brought them to the end of them self- and there was Jesus.  God was doing this profound transformation IN THEM and they were sharing this "good news" of the whole gospel.  He came to set us free!  How did He do that?  They began to teach the truth of Jesus, the gospel, the cross, grace, revelation, identity, flesh, transformation and so much more.  Things I had never heard before but were clearly in Scriptures.  

God used all these things to bring me to deeper awareness and intimacy in Him.  To find my life and my everything in Him.  Jesus became real to me- He became my Healer and Sufficiency.  He became Enough.

When I learned that my old sinful inner man has been crucified with Christ and I had a new inner man that Christ lived in- it changed my whole life.  It changed my mind, my emotions and my will.

I came to understand deeper truths.  And this one is particular:

Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it fear. -Jesus (John 14:27)

Peace.  God's gift of wholeness, healing, calmness, quiet, harmony, and absence of mental anxiety.  Jesus.  

Not only did He give ME, yes ME (oh, and yes- YOU, my brother or sister in Him, YOU) HIS PEACE.  His very peace He gave me- because He, Himself IS OUR PEACE (Ephesians 2:14, 2 Thessalonisans 3:16). 

Friend, are you in chaos and disorder in your inner man?  In your mind, will and emotions?  Is your heart troubled within you?

Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify (transform) you completely, and may your entire spirit, soul, and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. The One who calls you is faithful, and He will do it. - 1 Thessalonians 5:23-24

There is only One who can offer you true wholeness, healing and absence of disorder and confusion.

Peace, Himself- Jesus.

Receive Him.  Believe Him.


No comments: