Tuesday, August 16, 2016

2 Peter 1:3

His (Jesus) divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through the knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence. - 2 Peter 1:3

I read these words and I am absolutely overwhelmed by them

What has He given you?
How has He given it to you? 
Through?
How has He called you?

Life and godliness
By His divine power.
The knowledge of Him.
By His own glory and excellence.

1922 epígnōsis (from 1909 /epí, "on, fitting" which intensifies 1108 /gnṓsis, "knowledge gained through first-hand relationship"; knowledge by experience.

"I am the good shepherd, and I know My own, and I am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, I also know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me. And I give them eternal life, and never shall they perish to the age, and never will anyone seize them out of My hand. My Father who has given them to Me is greater than all, and no one is able to seize them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one."- Jesus, John 10:14-15, 27-30

Jesus' divine power has given you and me EVERYTHING we NEED for life and godliness. He has accomplished this through you and me having intimate, experiential, spiritual knowledge of Him. He called us by His OWN glory and excellence.

Jesus.
Divine Power.
Everything.
Need.
Life.
Godliness.
Through.
Knowledge.
Him.
Called.
Own.
Glory.
Excellence.

If He has given you Everything you need (aka Himself) you lack nothing. Not one thing.

Amazed.

No comments: