Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Moments in Eternity

It seems like yesterday- yet is seems so far away- that my kids were little.  

We've been through elementary.
Middle school.
High school.
And so far 2 of the 3 have graduated college.

Now, I'm a mother-in-love to a super young man and a grandmother to super baby boy.

Time really does fly.
You either learn to enjoy each moment or you will miss that moment.

My life is so different than it was during those busy busy years.  I am different.  I fought my way through those years.  Not in a good way.  I fought my self.  Depression, fear, anger, control.  If only I had truly understood to let Jesus- be Jesus.  To find Him to be everything that He said He is- 

2 Peter 1:2-3
  Grace and peace be multiplied to you in the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord;  seeing that His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness, through the true knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and excellence.

You see what causes grace and peace multiplied in me and you?  Do you see how He has granted us everything pertaining to life and godliness?

Through the knowledge of Jesus.

Intimate, firsthand, experiential KNOWING Him.  Do you know this Jesus?  Do you take the time for Him to speak into the truth of Himself?  How can we let Jesus be Jesus in us and then through us if we don't really know Him?  

Seasons in life change.  Nick and I are in a completely different season than 10 years ago.
Now we are more emotional support for our children.
We don't financially support them.
Sometimes we are a sort of physical support for them. 
We spiritually support them- encourage them in Christ and pray for them.  

But also- our children are there for us, too.  We are walking this life along with them.  They talk to me and also teach me new things.  Johnie, showing me how to use his old Iphone 5 he gave me.  Cody going with me to get new running shoes.  Allison and I spending time mothering and grandmothering- in many different ways.  

Recognize and enjoy each moment for what it is.  Don't mourn yesterday.  Find your life in Jesus.  The Eternal One.  Our time is limited on this earth but in Jesus it is unending- and that's what truly matters most.  Our lives in this moment are to be lived in the revelation and truth of Eternal Life. 

No comments: