Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Hopefully

Well I am hopeful that I am finally getting all my herbs back in order after I discovered Estroblend (without noting the changes on the box) had taken out all the vitamins, several key herbs and added caffeine.

Last week I shared that some of my problems came back briefly. More headaches, burning eyes, itching right arm and I had a cold sore.   It was then I noticed the changes with Estroblend. 

So I researched and thought I had come to a solution since I had already bought two boxes:
http://vinejohn15branch.blogspot.com/2016/08/changes.html

This solution did not work.  For one thing- the caffeine really bothered my stomach.  I take the Estroblend at night before bed and I would be awake a lot of the night with a burning stomach.  Besides I would rather get my caffeine in a couple cups of coffee a day.  : )  Also, the vitamins I bought to replace the vitamins were much more.  I eat a pretty balanced diet and get a lot of vitamins so I think I was getting too many vitamins a day.  The One A Day for Menopause has about the same amount of vitamins the old Estroblend did- plus it has Isoflavones so I didn't have to buy Isoflavones.  I looked at 5 different places, Walmart and pharmacies, for One A Day Menopause.  Could ONLY find it on Amazon so I have it set up for Amazon to automatically deliver every 2 months.  It only has 50 pills in it...so you have to make sure you have enough to finish out the second month.  Green tea, cranberry and boron I found only at the Vitamin Shoppe but I will research the best place to buy them before I have to get new bottles (in 3 months).  The black cohosh, which is SUPER important I got at Walmart.

Pictured below is the old Estroblend.  I kept the box so I could use it for comparison.  Which I am glad I did.

Also pictured below is what I believe may finally be what I will be taking from now on.  The price has went from $11 a month for Estroblend to about $20 a month to replace the best that I can, what was in the old Estroblend.  The only thing I am missing is a couple of herbs- Date Seed Extract and Magnolia Bark Powder.

Below information is for my records.

Before bed:
One a Day Women's Menopause 50 pills (50 days, .31 a pill)- Amazon $15
Black Cohosh 100 pills 40mg  (50 days, 2 a day (80mg a day), .10 a pill) Walmart $6
Green Tea 100 pills, 250mg (100 days, .14 a pill) $14
Boron 100 pills, 3mg (100 days, .06 a pill) $6
Cranberry 90 pills, 400 mg (90 days, .13 a pill) $13

In the morning I take:
2 Cinnamon pills (this is for hormone headaches) 400 capsules, 1000mg (200 days, .02 a pill)- Walmart $9
Korean Panax Ginseng (general wellness, energy) 150 capsules, 100 mg (150 days, .06 a pill)- Walmart $9
Gingko Biloba (this is great for keeping my moods even keel) 90 capsules 120mg (90 days, .10 a pill) - Walmart $9

Sometimes at the Vitamin Shoppe you can get buy one get one 50% off.

Front of old Estroblend

Back of Old Estroblend
Back of One A Day Menopause Box
Hopefully!

No comments: