Tuesday, August 9, 2016

A new time of immersion....

Well, it's August 9th.  Already.  What a fast and surprising year.  I'm not going to go into details- that's for later, maybe.  It's been a busy year.  I've had a wonderful year yet there has been sadness also.

But for some reason I am....feeling like there is something I need to be doing.  It's as if God's says..."Ok, ready?"  Am I?  Am I ready?  In a sort of a way I am wondering if I am stuck.  But then I feel God- pulling- me to "deeper".  

I really don't want to waste my life.  There are some days I can wrapped up in being worried about the future and material things- new roof, new heat pump, gravel the driveway, pay off the house.  Things like that.  

Then a part of me is SO tired of cleaning houses/offices.  I love the people, it's just that my body is growing older and more tired- and my mind is weary of fighting the battle of going to work each day and night.  But, what can I do that I can make that good of money?  So....in a way, I am stuck in my job unless I want to work more hours for less pay.  

I spent several months reading Devern Fromke's Ultimate Intention.  What is God's ultimate intention concerning Himself and man?  It was very revealing.  Living wholly unto God and being poured out for others.  

Am I living wholly unto God?  Am I being poured out for others?  If God is pulling me deeper into Him, so that He can speak into me- anoint me with Himself- where does this start?  Now, I do know that it's after He has spoke into me Himself then I can be poured out for others- for it has to be Him working/living/speaking through me.  

For one thing I'm going to have to spend less time on FB.  That is such a time waster.  

I think for now, I am going to spend some time each morning in 2nd Peter.  Patricia and I taught through 1 Peter last summer.  I still have the notes on that but we didn't go through 2nd.  I'd like to be able to use my Bible, computer, biblehub and a notebook.  Just good ole fashioned studying, reading and praying through the teaching and learning.  His teaching, my learning.  When I say learning I mean "to KNOW".  

Here are some "know/knowledge" in Greek, Strong's Dictionary and Concordance, also HELPS WORD studies:

Ginosko: 1097 I am taking in knowledge, come to know, learn; I ascertained, realized. properly, to know, especially through personal experience (first-hand acquaintance), experientially know 

Epiginosko 1921- to know exactly, to recognize, I come to know by directing my attention to him or it, I perceive, discern: I found out.

Gnosis 1108  knowledge, doctrine, wisdom; "intellectually know" functional ("working") knowledge gleaned from first-hand (personal) experience, connecting theory to application; "application-knowledge," gained in (by) a direct relationship (from ginosko)

Epignosis 1922
John MacArthur- deep, rich, full, experiential knowledge. It is the knowledge that comes through personal acquaintance with the truth.
Kenneth Wuest-  Knowledge” or epignosis is full, perfect, precise knowledge as opposed to gnósis, imperfect, partial knowledge.
Trench-  the idea in epignosis is that "It is bringing me better acquainted with a thing I knew before; a more exact viewing of an object that I saw before afar off. That little portion of knowledge which we had here shall be much improved, our eye shall be raised to see the same things more strongly and clearly.
-a deep, experiential, accurate and intimate knowledge 
-true, full, genuine knowledge

Wayne Barber- GNOSIS & EPIGNOSIS is the final product of the parallel verbs ginosko & epiginosko 

I want to deeply, intimately, accurately, by experience- KNOW Jesus.  I want Him to immerse me in Him.  I need this.  I need just Him and me, right now.   

So...time to immerse myself in prayer and His revealing His Words to me....




No comments: