Sunday, February 7, 2016

My busy weekend....

We have had a VERY busy weekend.

On Friday I trimmed back the Gardenia bushes and filled in the hole of the arbor and bushes we took out of our yard...oh my what a job!

Friday night helped Allison and Ben paint Roman's room.

On Saturday Nick, his friend Al, Cody, Johnie and Ben started digging a trench to put piping in- because our yard is a pond.

I had to clean a hunt club while they dug the trench and when I got home I started covering the trench that the pipe had already been put in.

Then Allison, Ben and I went to pick up a glider we bought from a friend on Facebook.

While everyone crashed Saturday night I went out to my little She Shed and did some fabric artwork.

Today after church Nick and I had to finish the trench.  I literally shoveled dirt for hours while Nick finished the piping.

All the dirt that is left over I will put around our house this week and UNDER our house because we are getting water under our house.

So...we are also going to have to put new gutters up....

Our original plan was to bring in a LOT of gravel to make our driveway bigger.  We have a lot of people over and we drive through our yard (which we tell them to do because it isn't safe to back out of our driveway)- so we wanted to make other arrangements because we can't get grass to grow in our yard now.

So...new driveway and parking...and grass in our yard.  But as usual simple isn't simple around here.

Well, amen.  Then there is the usual to-do's food, wash sheets, laundry, attempt to keep the house is some sort of order,  sweep all the dirt off the patio and bathe both dogs. 

Maybe we can sleep tonight.  Nick hasn't been feeling well lately and that means WE haven't been sleeping well.  Pray for my Nick : )

Anyway this gal, is tuckered out.  And Nick is very fortunate to have married a farm girl that not only can work hard but likes to!


















No comments: