Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Happy 47th Birthday Nick!

30 years ago today Virtreas Godbey, Assistant Principal, announced the Happy Birthday's at Casey County High School. 

I remember seeing Nick Ellison in the hall and wishing him a Happy Birthday.

30 years...have come and gone. They've been filled with great joy and great sorrow. They've been filled with babies, children, teenagers, young adults and now a grandbaby will join us. 

30 years ago I shyly wished that cute boy, who always had a tan, Happy Birthday. Who knew I would say the next 29 to you also? I pray we get to share many many many more birthdays together. Truth is, only God knew we would marry, raise children, come to know Him and love Him....live our life together. So interwoven together we are one. 

Happy Birthday my beloved Nick. I have no words, oh how I wish I could express my deep abiding love for you, but I don't. So I will use the words of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, "I love thee to the depth and breadth and height my soul can reach". 

Thanks not only for working hard for us but for being so much stinking fun and willing to try anything. ACLU. ; )

No comments: