Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sciatic Pain

Finally, it got me.  Tired of the pain.  Tired of it causing me to feel like I'm running in mud.  Tired of not being able to sit long or sleep well.  Yep, that ole sciatic AGAIN.  It's been a battle ever since I started running.

Two years ago I went to a chiropractor.  He did help me but honestly I just could not afford 3 visits a week for over a month.  So when I quit going their office called my phone every day for 6 months. I said, NO MORE.

I started going to yoga and it really helps keep it under control.  But because of upping my miles for the marathon and then the intense pain after the marathon the sciatic nerve in my right leg began to give me continuous pain- again.

Then my friend, Holly Banke, suggested her chiropractor.  Dr. Paul Morris.  He used completely different equipment than the other doctor.  He was more interested in fixing the sciatic than- my money.  He told me exactly what was going on.  Why it was doing what it was doing to all of my body.  ALL while giving me an adjustment and massage.  He worked with every spot that gave me pain.  He knew exactly what muscle and nerve and bone was bothering me.  He gave me stretching exercises to do for running to stretch out the sciatic and piriformis.

I have been PAIN FREE for the last 13 hours!  WOW!  Well worth the money!  Now, I know it's not going to last.  I will get an adjustment next week and hopefully once a month after that so we can keep it under control.

Running builds toughness in you.  You learn to live with pain.  But if there is a way to help prevent and/or keep under control pain, then do it.

But that's for everybody.  EVERYBODY has pain.  This ole body breaks down as we get older.  But I am a firm believer that what you PUT in your body AFFECTS it.  If you put bad stuff (food, drugs, etc) in your body then it breaks your body down faster- kind of rots it from the inside out.  You've got to totally redo/rewire your brain as to what you put in your body.  I believe a LOT of illnesses are brought on by bad eating, smoking and- yes- laziness.  If you start eating right, exercising (heart rate up and sweating!), sleeping properly and quit smoking/drinking/etc then a majority of "illnesses" will go away.

Your mind living in chaos, fear, anger, depression, worrying- whatever it may be your mind is enslaved to- can cause your body to break down.  Your mind is a part of your soul and your soul controls your body.

And the worst pain of all...is your soul not finding anywhere for life, for rest or for truth.

No pain in the physical world can compare to a soul- alone.  Separated.  Cut-off.  Alone.

If you know me well enough, you are going to know that I believe Jesus is the answer to all problems.

To the alone soul, His Spirit makes our spirit alive and He come to live in our spirit.  Now our soul has an anchor and a home, Jesus.

Our soul- mind, will and emotions- now can live have rest and live from life and truth- Jesus.

Our body can now function as God intended it.  We are the branch.  The vessel.   The eternal purpose of God is He created a creature to impart His life to.  So that creature could share His life and make Him visible.

Life and Health.  That's WHY we take care of our bodies because we are the physical manifestion of God on this earth!

No comments: