Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Herbal Tea

Herbal Tea:

Fresh Herbs (from my herb garden)-
Lemon Balm
Motherwort
Bee Balm
Spearmint
Peppermint

Herbs from my yard (aka weeds)-
Dandelion (all of it- roots, leaves and flower)
Yellow wood sorrel
Purple Nettle
Fennel
Chickweed

Dried Herbs-
Chamomile, Catnip, Motherwort, Stinging Nettle, Marigold, Linden, Passion Flower, Queen of the Meadows

Powdered Herbs-
White Willow Bark
Marshmallow
Ginger Root
Nettle

Dried Roots/Berries -
Licorice (I use this to sweeten so I use a good bit of it)
Burdock
Sarsparilla
Elderberries
Hawthorne

I do not measure. If you look at the pictures I posted you can kind of see how much I put in. A pinch of this and that : )

Fill pot with water, boil on high about 15 minutes then turn to low for about an hour. Shut it off and let it stay in the pot a few hours.

Use a drainer and strainer when you put it in a pitcher. If I were you just start out with a few herbs and make a small batch then start experimenting.

Lemon balm, catnip, motherwort and chamomile are all calming.
Dandelion and burdock are good liver and kidneys detoxers, cleansers and toners.
White willow bark is a pain reliever like aspirin.
Hawthorne is good for your heart.

No comments: