Monday, April 28, 2014

My Mom....35 years

Today is the 35th anniversary of my Mom's- 'meeting Jesus face to face'.  The above picture is the only picture of I have of my Mom and me together. She is holding me.  My Dad does have a picture of us that was taken about 4 months before she died.

I still cry for her.  I still miss her although I barely knew her.  She died when I was 9.  9 years and one month to be exact.  And it's been 35 years... I miss what I never had, if that makes sense.

I know my Mom knew and believed in Jesus.  She was new new Christian.  Maybe one day I will take the time to write about her but today is not going to be that day.

What I feel bad about is the life my Mom had.  She struggled with so much.  She had an incredibly hard life.  And mostly, it was the choices she made.

Well, amen.

The great thing is that because of Jesus, I will see her again.  Face to face.  I will hold her and tell her I love her.  I will look into her eyes and kiss her cheeks.  I look forward to that day.

Father, thank You for my Mom.

No comments: