Saturday, April 26, 2014

Y2Y Half Marathon



Today Jenny and I ran the inaugural Y2Y Half Marathon!  It was a HILLY course. I love hills!

Jason Thomas always told me to run hills.  "They make you stronger". They sure do!  Just like in life- it's the trials, tribulations and circumstances that bring us to deeper dependency on Christ. 

Without trials, tribulations and circumstances (hills to the runner)  my faith and trust muscles would be weak from lack of use.

When I first starting running the hills would take me out!  But daily pounding them out built up my muscles, I also learned to breathe right and build endurance. I can run most hills now easy, even hill after hill. But it took a LOT OF HILLS to get here. 

As with having confidence (faith) in Christ and trusting Him- daily He proves Himself to me. He doesn't have to but He does. 

Every day He is my Breath. Every day He is my Lungs. Every day He is my Legs. Every day He is my Endurance. Every day He is my Strength. Every day He is my life. 

So no matter the trials, tribulations and circumstances (hills)- He is Enough. 

No comments: