Friday, April 18, 2014

Resurrection

Galatians 2:20
I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

My favorite verse in the Scriptures! Life (ex)changing, literally! To know that Jesus took ME to the cross with Him! Oh, if only we could hear more of this! 

Jesus through His life, death, burial, resurrection and ascention did AT least 5 things for us and to us:

He overcame sin, the world, temptation, satan and death!~

Believer, He took our old inner man and crucified him/her and gave us a new inner man- and He lives in that new inner man!

And you know, sometimes, I don't even have enough faith. I can't even work up enough in MYSELF to have more faith. But if you read that verse correctly (KJV says it best), it's by HIS FAITH. He is FAITH. Many people believe that faith is a belief system but it's not. Faith, is in all actuality, Jesus.

Faithful is not just a description or attribute of God, it is WHO He is!
1 Cor 10:13, 2 Cor 1:18, Galatians 5:22, 2 Tim 2:13, Rev 19:11

A belief system, is a religion, and all religions flow from the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. Yes, the Good side of that cursed tree. Trying to earn their way to God or even BE Him.

Only Grace and Truth flow from the Tree of Life, Jesus. Jesus plus nothing, if you add ANYTHING to Him, you are back at that cursed tree.

Oh friends! This day, read what Jesus did for you and to you! Read the Gospels, yes...worship and praise Him! But also read the rest of the Scriptures! The whole gospel! Read Romans 6!

Now, that will cause you to praise Him!

No comments: