Friday, February 14, 2014

Way back in 2007....

Way back in 2007 our church youth group went to my hometown of Liberty, Ky.  There we spent the weekend with the youth where my cousin was the pastor.

On the last night our youth pastor, Will Gunter, used these verses:

Hebrews 12:1-3
"Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Now, I don't always remember the main verses used in a sermon.  Only a few times in my life can I recall the sermon and verses.  But these verses have made a huge impact on my life since that night.  

There is so much we could glean from these verses but I am going to cut straight to the POINT of these beautiful words-

FIXING OUR EYES ON JESUS!

I need that today.  

With my eyes on Jesus, I will run with endurance the race set before me.  Laying ALL aside, fixing my eyes on Jesus and not the "stuff" of life because if my eyes are on the good and bad...I will certainly lose heart.  

Jesus, my Endurance.  Jesus, with eyes fixed on Him, I will not grow weary and lose heart.  I am His joy! 


No comments: