Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Jesus, Divine Electricity!

With the weather turning to snow and ice here we are scrambling trying to figure out what to do should we lose electricity.

We have gas logs so we can keep our house warm...so that's a blessing and once less thing to prepare.

We are making sure we have water in containers because if we lose electric- we lose water- since we are on a well.

How will we heat food?  Our gas grill works and we have a little firepit with wood in it- we can go "camping" and cook over an open fire!

Of course,I really hope we don't lose power.  A house just seems so warm and homey with the electric on.  I am thankful God chose this time for me to live my life!  Hey, I like indoor plumbing, electricity and a heat pump!

But, I was thinking this morning, how very much like Jesus- electricity is!

Without Jesus, we have no Light in our life- our world is darkness.
John 12:46 (Jesus says)
I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness.

Without Jesus, we have no Power!  Nothing runs like it should!  My lights won't come on, my stove won't cook, my washer won't wash, my heat pump doesn't work,  my water heater or water pump doesn't work-

NOTHING works without POWER!  Including me!  Without Christ' Power in me, I cannot function like I was created to function!

Jesus, our Light and Power!






No comments: