Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Praying....

So yesterday, when the roads were clear- my husband decided to stay home from work.

This morning, KNOWING, the roads were going to get bad- he decides to go to work.  Now, the roads are terrible and he is on his way home.

I am sitting here at this computer trying not to let fear overwhelm me.  I am not doing such a good job with it.  I find myself in prayer/beg mode.  "Please Father, please, keep my Nick safe.  Watch over him.  Protect him."  Like if I pray hard enough, he will be safe.

I am angry with Nick.  Why today?  Why not yesterday?  He knew it was going to be bad.   "I will fear no evil, for my God is with me."  Twice this has played on my MP3 in the last little bit.

Now, when fear is overwhelming me, is when I need to rest most.  Trust, rest, abide.  To not let my emotions and fear overwhelm me.  For peace to reign in me.

"Oh no, You never let go.  Lord, you never let go of me"- and Nick.

"Through the calm and through the storm"

I called him and sent him pictures.  "You need to come back home", I said.  "It's getting really bad".  And yesterday, he wouldn't even go out of the house.  I honestly don't understand him.

Why today???

Jesus, hold me now.  I want to trust you.  I want to be at peace.  I do not want fear to overwhelm me.

Please keep my Nick safe.  Amen.

No comments: