Monday, February 17, 2014

February 15th, 2014 Myrtle Beach Marathon

Well I just ran my first and only marathon although it was technically 26.44 miles! It was so hard! I though that with myrtle beach being flat that it would be easier. It was not. My legs didn't get a break (Cody says)- and by mile 20 my thighs had had enough. Mile 23 the stress fracture in my right foot made it hard to run and walk. The wind was hard and relentless. My hands were numb from cold. My socks still wet from the morning rain. My time was 4:24 but that was not my goal of 4:15. My severe leg and foot cramps just wouldn't let me run the last 6.2 as fast as I wanted.

But my sweet and awesome husband! Wow! I can't tell you what a great encourager he is! At mile 12.5 he was waiting with snickers and water. At mile 26.44 he was there to hold me as limped across the line. It was worth it just to see the smile on his face when I finished!

I am posting a pic but I look terrible in it! But it's then only one I have! Lol but hey not too many people look their best after giving it all they got for 4 hours and 24 minutes!

For all my dear and close family and friends who prayed with me through this- I seriously would not have finished without you holding me up! That's a fact! Thank you from my aching feet to my sweatridden head!

And yes, I can barely walk!!!! Lol

No comments: