Wednesday, May 18, 2016

The truth is....

The truth is...

I am not a perfect believer.

I have my doubts.  My faults.  My pettiness.  My fears.  I can get overwhelmed.  

But the fact is- despite me, myself,  and I- Jesus has changed me.  

I feel like the deepest part of me has been changed.

Oh how I wish I had the words to express what He has done to me.  

I feel so limited.  So surface.  

And yet- deep deep deep inside of me- my inner man- I am so different.  

Mere words are not enough-
 
Now likewise also, the Spirit joins to help us in weakness; for we do not know the things which we should pray for as it behooves (absolutely necessary), but the Spirit Himself makes intercession with inexpressible groanings.
- Romans 8:26 Berean Literal Bible


Intercession-
5241/hyperentygxánō ("intercede") refers to the Holy Spirit interceding in every scene of our lives so we can "come in line with" the Lord's eternal purpose. The content of these intercessions goes beyond human language, and includes bringing sacred mysteries into our daily walk with Christ.


Groan-
4726 stenagmós – groaning (sighing), especially brought on by circumstances creating great pressure. See 4727 (stenazō).
4727 stenázō (from 4728 /stenós, "compressed, constricted, narrow") –  
-stenazó: to groan (within oneself) 
-properly, to groan because of pressure of being exerted forward (like the forward pressure of childbirth); (figuratively) to feel pressure from what is coming on – which can be intensely pleasant or anguishing (depending on the context).
-[This term "denotes feeling which is internal and unexpressed" (J. Mayor, Js., 162), i.e. to sigh, moan (groan) with frustration.]  

Inexpressible-
unutterable, that baffles words, unexpressed.


That's how I feel sometimes.  I simply cannot express what He has done, is doing- all the thoughts of Him- that flow through me.



No comments: