Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Last times...

Karen Kingsbury wrote a poem entitled, "Let Me Hold You Longer", and it brings to the forefront of your mind- the last time you do anything.

The last time you hold your child on your hip.  The last time you change a diaper.  You just never realize the last time you do something.

I've went through that with my kids.  I continue to do that with my kids.  We also have firsts, just like we have lasts.  You can't have last without also having a first.

Is this the last time my Dad and I will be alone in the house together?  That's been ringing through my head a lot.  He's getting married.  I am so happy for him.  I am happy for many of the new firsts he is going to have- and going to experience with Gail.

I do not look to the sorrow but to the joy.

You can't have a last without a first.  Sometimes you have to put yourself aside for the best of another.

Thank You, Jesus for doing that for me.  : )

No comments: