Sunday, May 8, 2016

My Connie!

I recently used the term "motherless". That I have spent most of my life "motherless". But that isn't the truth. 

I have a mother, Laverne Cleary, that gave birth to me and cared for me for 9 years of my life. She just doesn't live on this earth anymore. She is now with Jesus. And I, too, will join them someday. I love her and miss her but I will see her and we will never be separated again.

And then-
In a great surprise in and around 2004 God brought Connie Beasley into my life (and dear Beas!).

Our relationship has grown so deeply and so filled with Jesus and love that I am not motherless. Oh the void God filled when Connie came into my life. I am a rich woman in so many ways. 

Connie- always a source of encouragement. One who prays for me- intimately with our Lord. Best Friend. She laughs with me, cries with me- hangs out with me. I have learned more about grace, giving, endurance, perseverance, abiding, surrender and love from Connie than anyone. Isn't that what mothers are to teach their daughters by example? 

Father, thank You for the richness and fullness of being loved as a daughter and being able to experience that on this earth through Connie. 

You're a good good Father. 

Happy Mother's Day, my Connie!

No comments: