Sunday, May 1, 2016

May 1st

What a way to start the day- a thunderstorm!  Looks like it may be stormy all day : (  I sincerely hope not because we will be travelling all day.  

I'm sitting here at my lovely window- bathroom/study watching the clouds roll by.  The Forrester Sisters are singing, "In the sweet by and by...we shall meet on that beautiful shore".  

I've been preparing for my trip home.  

Nick made a flag out of pallets for my nephew, Ricky and I painted it.
I've been working on a couple of blankets and curtains for my niece Lindsey who is expecting a baby girl a few days before Allison.  

Also gathering wedding supplies for my Dad and Gail's wedding!  

I haven't got Hunter anything for his 21st Birthday!  Maybe I can leave that for Nick and Johnie to do this week since I am going to be so busy.

I'm going  home today.  To Kentucky.  To spend the week with my Dad, to clean his house, to help with wedding preparations.

My sister, Sis, has also been in the hospital this week with bloodclots in her lungs and leg.  So, I'll be checking on her this week too.  

So, we will leave here around 10 this morning.  Nick, Cody and me.  Karen is going to pick up Hunter at Cumberland College and he is going to ride to Knoxville with her.  We will meet at the Cracker Barrell in Knoxville- and I'll go home with Karen.  We plan on stopping to see Sis in Somerset.  

This is my last peaceful moment for at least a week.  I'm sitting here now listening to to Hillsong, Sinking Deep.  Jesus, I breathe in and leaning into Your love.  This is going to be one week so filled with emotions.  Keep me calm in You.  I don't want to believe the subtle lies the enemy, the world or my own flesh may whisper to me- I want to hear You, Truth.  Wrap Yourself around all of me, Lord...and hold me close in You.  

Standing here in your presence
In a grace so relentless
I am won by perfect love
Wrapped within the arms of heaven
In a peace that lasts forever
Sinking deep in mercy's sea

[Chorus:]
I'm wide awake, drawing close, stirred by grace
And all my heart is yours
All fear removed, I breathe you in, I lean into
Your love, oh, your love

[Verse 2:]
When I'm lost you pursue me
Lift my head to see your glory
Lord of all, so beautiful
Here in you I find shelter
Captivated by the splendor
Of your face, my secret place

[Bridge:]
Your love so deep is washing over me
Your face is all I seek, you are my everything
Jesus Christ, You are my one desire
Lord, hear my only cry, to know you all my life



This may be the last week I ever spend with my Dad, just me and him.  I don't know what the future holds.  I know I have prayed for You to bring someone in his life that loves You, and will deeply love him.  I believe You have.  I don't want him to be lonely.  I want him to have a long marriage where he has much joy, peace, happiness and enduring love.  It's funny.   When you have children, you know that marriage is going to change your relationship with your child- for it is Your will for them to leave and cleave.  But here I am, 46 and expecting this of my Dad.  It's seems like his whole life has been- backwards.  : )  I met a woman at Grace Girls a few months ago that was in her 60's and she had NEVER been married- or intimate with a man.  And she was getting married!  She was radiant.  So it doesn't really matter how old you when you get married- to cleave and bond with another is a joyous time.  I pray this will be an easy transition for Dad and Gail.  I fear it may be difficult but You, Jesus, are the Master of making the difficult, easy.  So, I'll just turn all that over to You.

I'm going to miss my family.  Nick, Allison, Ben, Cody and Johnie.  Sebastian and Macey.  My friends.  I know we can call and text- and Nick and the kids will be there Friday but....I miss them already.  

Jesus...Your love is a song You sing over me.  

"I will give you peace"- I receive Your peace, Jesus.  

No comments: