Thursday, May 5, 2016

Final night

So- here we are. Final night I'm staying with Dad. It's been a busy yet lovely week all around. 

Life- is changing. For the good. Truthfully, I wish I knew Gail better. But- I don't. All I  know is that I prayed for God to bring someone into my Dad's life that loved Him and him. : )

I'm trusting God that He is in this marriage. Not only is He in the marriage but is the Author of this marriage. For if He is- then for sure and certain He is the Completer and Finisher.  

When you have prayed for your children and then to see them married (as I have one of three) and KNOW that God was the Author of that marriage then there is no trepidation- only excitement. Yes, a vague feeling of emptiness but that is natural and you expect that. 

But- when your Dad who has basically your whole life not been married (but a widow) gets married- it's such different feeling.  I'm not the parent sending my child off into this new world full of my blessings- I AM the child (who has been married almost 28 years) sending my parent, my only parent, off into this new world with my blessing. 

My life here in Kentucky will change no ask You Father to not only give me grace in these changes but BE my Grace.

Grace in me and Grace through me. 

Thank You for Your loving kindness. 

Amen 

No comments: