Friday, January 24, 2014

Ready or not.....


Well, it was COLD when I went out for my final LONG LONG run before the marathon.   Colder than the last LONG LONG run!  : )


So, I really had to bundle up.  Two socks (running socks and soccer socks, thanks to my son-in-law Ben!), jogging pants, running pants.  Two wicked long sleeve shirts, and a hoody.  Two pairs of gloves.  AND a scarf to cover my mouth.  I really need a face mask.  I also had a toboggan on and I needed two.

Sweat and cold and wind.  : (


I went out with no pace and no time.  Just run to finish.  I didn't stop my watch any either when I drank water or refilled my water or ate.  Or stretched.

But seriously, running long distances IS BORING!

Pain.  It just comes with it.  It wasn't as bad this time.  My right foot hurts worse when I am not running.  I think it's tendinitis.  My left foot was wrapped along with my left knee.  No major pain, nagging from time to time, but not major- so I am thankful! Two ibuprofen before and three after, which is mainly to head off inflammation.

And my watch was dying about mile 20.  I don't know if it will last a full marathon.  I will be GREATLY upset if it does not.  Too much money paid of it to not last more than a year~!

Before I ran this morning I got prepared.  My snack bag consisted off ritz bits with cheese and snickers and water.  NO mountain dew this time.  It nearly killed my stomach last time.  I don't drink sodas much so I was thinking the caffeine would help.  DUMB.  So just water this time, it's what I drink all the time anyway!

Afterward, I had my clothes set out for after my epsom/vinegar bath and coffee set for a hot drink!  Like I said, wind-cold-sweat NOT a good combo!

I am satisfied with my run.  It's done!  So goal accomplished!  

Now, I will start tapering down.  Next Saturday will be 15 miles.  The following 12 miles.  And three weeks from tomorrow is the marathon.

So, I guess I better register huh?  ; )

No comments: