Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Hope

"At first I wasn't sure. But yesterday I'm pretty certain I caught her glance as she was passing by. Noticing my eyes following her, she stopped and turned. We stared at each other, for nearly a minute. The she smiled, as if in on a story and series of events only she and I could fully appreciate. "Worry not, my friend. I'm not leaving. I'm circling back around for effect and a dramatic entrance. I"m here now. This current darkness is about to lift." I asked for her name. She said, "I wanted to be Joy. But it was already taken. My name is Hope." I voluntarily choked up as I barely got out these words: "I've missed you...more than you can know." She smiled again, kindly speaking directly in my eyes. "I doubt it...Now, cut the chitchat. I've got a dramatic entrance to make."

- John Lynch, On My Worst Day

No comments: