Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Well, you never know who God will bring in your life or WHEN!

I got to share JESUS tonight with a woman at my yoga class!  It was so so cool! Her name is Tammy, she is in her early 50's and had never been to yoga.  She came in and told me she is going to try and quit a 35 year old habit- smoking!  She thought yoga might help.

After class, we began to talk and as we were walking out I told her that I would pray for her as she was trying to quit smoking.  She said, "Oh no, don't do that!  I know that is real."  Which kind of threw me off!  I asked her if she went to church anywhere and she said no, she had never really went- HER WHOLE LIFE!

We spend about 30 minutes in the parking lot talking about Jesus.  I didn't overwhelm her.  I just kind of shared with her about how God had healed me, Who He really is and who I am because of Him.

She has learned a lot of wrong things from this old world, philosophy and religions.  There have been well-meaning believers and not so well meaning unbelievers that have lied to and deceived her. Satan has lied to and deceived her. This woman has been through some tough stuff in her life.  Maybe someday she will really open up to me : )  Weed out all the lies and replace them with Truth!

There are two things she said that really stood out to me, "Jesus is really real?"  

"Yes, He is", I said.  

Then later she said, "Does He has a presence on this earth?"

Yes, He does.  I told her about how He comes to live within the believer.  How He is our life, our guide, our peace, our joy- our strength, our hope. How He changes us from the inside out.  How He loves, loves, loves us.  

It was so- real and so honest to say to her, "When you look at me, Christ Jesus lives in me."

I told her, "You know- all you have to do is ask Him to reveal Himself to you and He will.  It's pretty simple.  Don't let other's tell you who God is- you ask Him, and He knows if you really want to know Him- and He will speak to you the truth of Himself."

I asked her if she had a Bible and she said she did.  I told her to read Colossians 1 & 2 and just simply ask Jesus Who He is-  I know this to be true as a way He reveals Himself because He did me.  

I told her Jesus came to heal the broken and set the captive free.

She said she felt so weak.

I told her, "that is the BEST place to be".  

And she asked me what I pray for her about- and I said, "Whatever God leads me to pray about for you."

"Ok then, you can pray for me." 

Well, amen!


No comments: