Thursday, August 15, 2013

How then?

I have a super super busy fall and spring coming up.  I am so looking forward to each and every thing!

BUT

I am a bit overwhelmed.  I have not gotten in 'over my head' but there are a couple of area's- in ministry- that I have asked for help.  One is to teach Sunday School to my dear senior ladies, bi-monthly.  I do love them so- but between a heavy work load, now disciplining/mentoring a young mother to be, Advanced Discipleship Training one weekend a month, teenage boys detention center ministry once a week- and trying to have life with my family and taking care of my spiritual, emotional and physical health AND going home to Ky to see my Dad- I just am overwhelmed.

So, friends- pray for me?  Someone to teach my SS class bi-monthly AND we are looking for a couple of people to go to White Pines (teenage boys detention camp) one Thursday a month.  It's only for an hour and a half.

Here in SC we have a church on every corner.  We have people willing to go on mission trips and so on.  We have people willing to serve, granted it's mostly in their home churches.  But who will go outside of the wall of their own church?

These teenage boys have been hit hard by cycles of sin in their families.  And unless someone goes TO THEM and ministers Jesus to their brokenness, their hurts, their besetting sins- they will never change.  They will grow to be old men in prison with children that follow in their footsteps.

Romans 10:13-15


13 for “Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved.”
14 How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed? How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard? And how will they hear without a preacher? 15 How will they preach unless they are sent? Just as it is written, “How beautiful are the feet of those who bring good news of good things!”

But let us people of beautiful feet!  Let us lead others to the feet of Jesus!  In whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins!  The One who transferred us from the kingdom of darkness to the kingdom of light!

No comments: