Saturday, August 3, 2013

Nelson Study Bible

I just bought....ANOTHER Bible.... : )

This time?

The Nelson Study Bible, blue bonded leather,
 it's NKJV, - not my favorite version (NASB, is my favorite)- but the study notes are awesome!

I currently use as my daily Bible Dr. Charles Stanley's Life Principles Bible.  I love this Bible.  But...the study notes are not what I thought they would be.

I HAVE a Nelson Study Bible already...I don't know why I got another one.  Well, the one I have, has someone's name on it.  I wanted a new one- fresh, ready for me to write in!

This makes my...10th Bible.  This does not include the extra's I have of the original 10.

Several years ago, when God revealed to me that I had made an idol of the "written word" and I laid aside my favorite Bible, the one I used for years and dearly loved- I began to buy and used various Bibles.  I love the written word, but I don't idolize it now.  I ask the Holy Spirit, to speak Jesus to me, through the written word- and He does.

I read my Bible- even, yes, study my Bible, not to get close to Jesus but because I am close to Him!

No comments: