Monday, August 5, 2013

Johnie : )

"I began to find my identity through church. I was good at it --- good at church. And I just became better and better at it. I became very good at "pleasing" God, but simply trusting Him was very foreign to me."

- Bart Millard, the leader of MercyMe has a testimony that I think most of us can relate to. Check it out in the book, not the song, "The Hurt and the Healer."
Like ·  · 
  • 3 people like this.
  • Starla Ellison Johnie, I just want you to know how proud I am of you. I live with you, so I know you pretty well, and you aren't a "Sunday morning Christian". In your head, I know you have a continual conversation going on with Jesus. I see it in you- and I hear it from you. I am thrilled that at an early age, through Jesus, you are laying aside the things that can encumber and have fixed your self on Jesus. Sadly, I see such a lack of spiritual discernment in the church today- and we need to be a people that as we trust, rest and abide in Christ- He anoints us with His Truth and in His truth is discernment. So many think that going to a church to worship on Sunday morning is "enough" but that's outward. It's the worship (and Henry Blackaby says "worship is bowing our hearts before God") of the inner man, moment by moment, that pleases God. And then the outer man will bow his heart before God. For so long I thought if I changed the outer man the inner man would change. Well, for a long time, I didn't know there was a inner man, to be truthful. I guess it would be more accurate to say that if I change my behavior I would change all of me. But then I learned about the inner man- the inner man has be "changed, exchanged and transformed" before the outer man can be affected. I guess that's part of the "whole message" of this Life that doesn't get out too much. I pray your hearts desire is to be continual held by Jesus. I see Jesus in you.

No comments: