Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Yield


When I open the Scriptures I ask the Lord, "Lord- as I open these precious words- speak into my heart the truth of them.  Teach me what You want me to know (intimately experience) from them."

One day, He said to me "I want you to know what 'submit' means."

Now, He knows- I struggle with that word.  "Submit" to me was to do what I was told to do not matter what.  Even if my heart wasn't in it.  It was a negative word.  "Submit" to Nick?  To me it was like a dog to a master, a broken will.  To be submissive.

But as I opened Scripture and God spoke to me the truth He said, "What does the word submit mean?"

So I looked it up:

"to yield to governance or authority "
"to yield oneself to the authority or will of another :surrender"

It means to YIELD!

Then He gave me a word picture of yield, "Starla, when you are entering the interstate- driving onto the the interstate what are you doing?"

"Well, Lord, I'm yielding."

"Yes? And?  Think- what are you doing?"

"I'm leaving one road and getting on another."

"Yes, you are joining your road into another road.  You are joining.  You are going from two roads into one."

"Yes, Lord, that is true!", I said- thinking, thinking.

"Submitting is yielding- yielding is joining together, into one.  When you submit you are yielding into one.  Now, do you KNOW?"

"Yes, Lord!  Yes!!!!"

When God speaks into you His truth- YOU KNOW (intimately experience)~!  God doesn't want to "break" our will.  He wants our will to yield into His.  To be His.  He wants a man and woman to yield (join together into one) into Him- together.  Amen!


No comments: