Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tea

In January I wrote my list of things I would like to do in 2013. One was to run injury free. Besides dealing with a sciatic nerve in my right leg and low ferritin levels- every run was- painful and difficult. But, I don't want to use "modern" medicine if I don't have to. So, I researched and experimented with things that may help my whole system. This is what has helped:

1) YOGA!!!! Really stretches the whole body. I go one hour a week at the county library with friends. It's $2 and I LOVE IT!

2) Herbs and Weeds! LOL...true. I've been researching medicinal purposes of weeds- yep those pesky ones in the yard and herbs.

3) Vitamins! Seriously, you need to know your body well enough to KNOW what you need. I take- not every day- but a mixture of calcium, magnesium, D3, L-glutamine, potassium, folic acid.

4) Vinegar! Honestly, the health benefits of vinegar are astounding! I drink an ounce of unpasteurized vinegar mixed with an ounce of lemon juice and an ounce of honey in about 3-4 ounces of water- several mornings a week.

5) Water! Put the "pop" and sweet tea up. It's unhealthy. In many way. Ok, one a week may be OK. As a splurge.

6) Chunkies! Actually these are fruit smoothies but I like them chunky. I have several on my blog. I like them after a run to replenish.

7) Shoes! Seriously, get GOOD running shoes. I went on these last pair WAY too long and ended up with plantar fasciitis. NOT FUN!
 Walk! For heavens sake, just go for a walk. You use different muscles than when you run. Once a week, walk with friends!

9) Nick! A fun run through the woods with my beloved on Saturday mornings is great for my marriage!

10) Jesus! Last but certainly not least- He should be your Center. My fellowship with my Beloved Savior, Friend, and Life is the most important thing to me. He is the One that REALLY holds me together- spiritually, soulically AND physically.

I am running, for the most part, injury free. And I'm running better than I have in a long time. : ) Be PROACTIVE in your health, even if you aren't a runner. This is your body- take care of it. I have found out that as I take care of my physical body- in a good way- not an "overdoing" way- my soul and spirit have been nourished and replenished.

Below is a tea I make:

Boil-
dandelion root,
burdock root
licorice root
fresh lemon balm leaves
fresh catnip leaves
fresh spearmint and peppermint leaves
dried honeysuckle blossoms

Put in refrigerator to get cold. Drink a cup or two a day : )

Blessings to you all!


No comments: