Monday, June 10, 2013

Sebastian's First Leashed Run and Burdock

I took Sebastian on his first leashed road run today. Now my dog, he is a runner dog. He loves to run. If someone puts in running shoes on in this house he follows you around, knowing its time to run.

But he runs trails! Whenever we go for a run on the trails he runs double the amount we do because he is unleashed and has the best time running through the woods.

And he is beautiful to watch. Leaping, sprinting and actually smiling!

Lately we have had so much rain the trails are a mud pit. I don't like mud pits to run in! I do not like to come home and wash a muddy dog! And snakes! The snakes are bad this year.

So Sebastian hasn't ran on the trails much. He looked so pitiful this morning and I bought a new leash- so off we go!

He loved it and ran well with a leash. I was concerned he would jerk my arm off. But he stayed with me.

About 2.5 miles into the run we had to step into the ditch for a truck to pass us and low and behold! Burdock! I pulled the two little plants out if the ground and ran back home with them. My neighbors have figured me out by now. It's not unusual to see me running with plants I've pulled up.

Now my baby burdock plants have a new home in my garden.

And what did Sebastian do when we got home? Jumped in the pool! (Don't tell Nick!). He was in and out before I knew it - I was planting my plants.

So we had a good 5 mile run and got some plants!



No comments: