Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!



Harold Cleary
My dad- well- he is pretty awesome. He taught me how to wash dishes, wash clothes, iron clothes. He taught me to work, to work hard, to work without complaining (still working on that!) until the job is done. To do a good job and to do it right the first time. He showed me love- and he told me he loved me. As he has gotten older and I have gotten older, our relationship and love has flourished. I respect him. I adore him. He disciplined me but he let me go my own way and make my own choices. He never told me he was disappointed in me or discouraged by me- although I know at times he was. My dad stepped up and did the best he could when he himself was devastated and mourning. He just did what he had to do. I am blessed to be Harold Cleary's daughter. I am thankful for my sweet daddy.


Nick Ellison

My husband-well- he too is pretty awesome. They say you marry a man like your dad. In many ways Nick is like Dad. They both do what they have to do to keep this family going by working hard and loving us. ButNick Ellison, I knew that since I was 15 he was pretty special- but as the years have gone by- he has turned out to be more than I ever hoped for. He loves me. Maybe as much as Dad does : ) And in turn he loves our children. He respects our children and treats them justly. He is a great balance to me. He is the part that has made me- us- a whole. He is a wonderful father. My daughter has always felt the love of her father- my boys, too. He is affectionate and kind. He loves to have fun with them- and work with them- and of course watch BALL with them! I love you, Nick- I am so blessed and thankful to call you my husband and the father of my children.



BLESSED

No comments: