Monday, July 1, 2013

July 2, 2013 Our 25th Anniversary!


July 2nd, our 25th wedding anniversary. Nick Ellison, I sure love you. Thank you for sticking with me all these years! You are more than I ever thought you would be. Thank you, for loving me. I don't know how many wives feel as loved, as cherished, as adored as I do- you make me feel so special. 

How many men, when baking a cake, sets aside a bowl of batter just for their wives, cause he know she loves the batter best? 

Countless countless ways you have shown me through the years your deep and abiding love for me. From starting to run, cause I like it. From watching sifi, cause I like it. From going to the boys detention center every Thursday night, cause that is where God has called me to minister (and you too!). 

You have been a great example to our boys of how a man should love his wife and provide for his family. You have been a great example to our daughter of how a father loves his daughter- and how a son-in-love should love his daughter also - my Daddy would agree with that! 
: )

You have always worked hard to provide for us. You did whatever it took to put food on our table and the electric on! You are hard working, cherishing our home of 20 years by caring for it and maintaining it. 

You listen when I talk. You don't laugh at me when I am verbally trying to work out what's going on in my mind. You talk to me. You share with me. 

You laugh with me. We enjoy so much together! You are always game for whatever I would like to do. You have such an open, giving, loving heart!

There is no one as tender as you. 

25 beautiful, crazy, topsy-turvy years. Together. Just us. Raising our kids, building our life together. 

I am honored to be your wife. I am honored to be the one to which you have chose as your life-mate. NO MATTER WHAT. The good, the bad and the ugly!

But most of all, my beloved Nick- I see Jesus in you. You love as Jesus loves- with grace and mercy. No condemnation in you- just love. 

I am blessed. Thank you for loving me. 

Happy 25th Anniversary, my sweet Nick! I still think we can make it to 70 years!

No comments: