Monday, July 8, 2013

Liberty Bell 5K





http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pmau3tkeEh0

Well, now that I am home in SC and can take a few minutes to gather my thoughts within me- I would like to share about my friend and sister-in-Christ, Amy Barlow. Sometimes God brings people in your life that the friendship is deeper than the soul- it's spiritual. There is a deep spiritual bond- we have oneness in Christ.

From what people have told me, Amy was a wonderful basketball player in high school and college. A great athlete. She graduated college and started her career teaching. Then 6 years ago she was in a devastating car accident. She has been in recovering from those injuries for 6 years. I believe she was told she wouldn't walk again. But see, those doctors didn't know Amy.

They didn't know not only what a tremendous athlete she is but what HEART and determination she has! There are few people like Amy. Most people let disability, illness, LIFE get the best of them. They give up and give in. What they don't realize, but Amy has, is that getting up and just doing it- is healing. Physically, emotionally and spiritually.

Amy is not a whiner. I know she has to be in some pain. I know her body doesn't always do what she wants it to do- whose does? Pain doesn't deter Amy. I think, it has actually made her stronger, more determined. Amy didn't and doesn't say, "Poor me. I can't do anything. I've been hurt. Life hasn't been good to me." And friends, I see more people wallowing than I do USING the weakness, the injury, the hurt to HEAL.

Amy says, "I am rich in Christ. Through Christ who strengthens me I can do all things. If I participate in the sufferings of Christ, I will also and more so participate of the glories revealed and to follow. Life is Good because Jesus is Life and God is always, always, always GOOD."

Amy will be the first to tell you- and she doesn't HAVE TO SAY IT ALL, cause you can SEE it, "Christ is my Strength, He is where I have my life- my All-in-All."

Amy is beautiful, inside and out. This girl has some grit! She will accomplish all God has planned for her. And she will do it, in Him. I am a firm believer in Romans 8:28, "And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose." Amy, is like me- an "All Things". We love Him and He causes "all things"- the good, the bad and the ugly- to work together for our good. He is our Good. Our purpose? We are His image-bearers. We find our life and identity in Him. We abide. We rest. We trust. All things.

So, dear Amy Barlow- keep on keeping on! Fix your eyes on Jesus! You are His Joy! We see Him in you!

No comments: