Tuesday, January 19, 2016

And when you pray.....

The simple question occurs to us from time to time: If God knows what I need before I ask, and His will is going to be accomplished,then why should I even pray? Well, let us look at the facts. God is very comfortable with His will; it is a perfectly beautiful thing to every child of His. However, the more I focus on things of this earth and not the things of God, the more uncomfortable with His will I become and the more I must attempt to play God, for though I have God, I am living as though I do not. As I look at Him from a self-imposed distance, I become increasingly leery of His plans. What He is doing makes very little sense. In the end, I will come up with all sorts of anxiety-laden proposals for my life. The secret is that prayer is not primarily for changing the will of God but to make us comfortable with His will! As we acknowledge His nearness to us, His love, voice, and care will be experienced. Remember, it is unbelief to think we ever have to move into the presence of God, for we constantly live in His presence. However, we sometimes act like children confined to a very small room, and though the Father is near, we stand aloof, facing the corner with our backs to Him. As we experience the character of God in prayer, we can shout, “Thy will be done!” We see there could be nothing better than His will! We want it, we pray for it, we want it for others, and we are comfortable.
--Mike Wells My Weakness For His Strength

No comments: