Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Stasi Eldredge, Becoming Myself


Thought I would share an excerpt from Stasi Eldredge, Becoming Myself- in the book Stasi openly and honestly shares about her struggle with her weight:
"I have lost weight over the past few years, in a healthy way. But before God ever changed my body, He changed the way I see myself. He took me back into my story, back into those wounds, and he helped me to renounce the lies spoken over me. He helped me to forgive, both those who hurt me and also myself. This is how God brings about change- from the inside out. From our hearts.
I am a hungry woman. I am hungry for love, for acceptance, for belonging, for meaning. I am desperate for God. I am aware of the aching abyss inside of me of which many have written. Oswald Chambers wrote, "There is only One being who can satisfy the last aching abyss of the human heart and that is the Lord Jesus Christ." I know that now. But I certainly didn't know it as a little girl hungry for approval and love. I didn't wake up every morning knowing that Jesus is the One who will satisfy the starving places in my heart. I have grown into knowing it. I continue to grow into knowing it."

No comments: